Shot to the Hearth
We're back! Stories on The Flock, Rust, Crash Bandicoot, Hearthstone, and Street Fighter V.
Date: July 21, 2015
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Hearthstone is breaking new ground in breaking digital games.
- There's a new asymmetrical horror game called The Flock, and it has a limited lifespan.
- Rust is getting female character models. Character sex will be randomly assigned, just like race.
- An early animation test for Crash Bandicoot has come to light.
- Street Fighter V's DLC will be unlockable through gameplay. Kathleen points out how disingenuous the announcement is.
- Hearthstone has a card that reduces time limits on turns, leading to new depths of assholery.
Modders who clearly have an intense love of American rapper and television host Xzibit have modded Doom to put a playable arcade cabinet in it. You can play Wolfenstein 3D and Doom! And because both games of Doom take place on the same level, while you're playing Doom in Doom you can walk over to your Doom character and kill your other Doom character. Turns out if you die in Doom, you also die in Doom.
- This episode follows Graham and Kathleen's vacation in Japan, for which they took two weeks off from LRR things. Graham explains the hiatus in-character by claiming he slept for all that time; Kathleen claims to have spent that time cuddling her cats.
- The Peter Molyneux joke is a reference to the end of Curiosity: What's Inside the Cube, reported on in Season 2 episode Cube Vindication.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Destiny's Rough Week Don't Work at Konami ∙∙∙● ▶