Almost No Odd Job
GoldenEye's famous multiplayer mode was developed on the sly and nearly didn't happen.
Date: August 20, 2012
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Boom!: Kate Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
The most beloved multiplayer console game almost wasn't. Find out why on today's CheckPoint.
- Lunar Software is developing its first game Routine which has permanent death.
- Tommo is creating a new Neo Geo, Neo Geo X Gold, that sells for a piddly $200.
- Kick Beat was revealed at Gamescom. a combination rhythm and fighting game.
- Gearbox reveals the Mechromancer has a skill tree that helps FPS newbs.
- Smart As features John Cleese as the narrator.
- The multiplayer mode of GoldenEye, created last minute in about a month, wasn't supposed to be there.
Resident Evil 6 will include a stat tracking website.
- "PoonHunter," referenced during the Gearbox story, was Paul's gamertag in Kathleen's Book Club
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Final Fantasy Apology On Blackest Isle ∙∙∙● ▶