Stories on Overwatch, Hatsune Miku, Mario, a new VR experience and a horrifying Pokémon.
Date: August 22, 2016
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Everyone's favorite virtual pop star waifu is getting all up in your eyes.
- When you type "GG EZ" in Overwatch's in-game chat, a new chat filter changes your message to something nicer.
- Hatsune Miku VR Future Live will let players get up close and personal with their favorite Vocaloid.
- Pokemon Sun and Moon will include some truly horrifying new Pokemon, including Sandygast and Palossand.
- The Japanese prime minister showed up at the Rio Olympics dressed as Mario for the closing ceremony.
- The makers of the new South Park game have created a virtual reality peripheral for smelling in-game farts.
In a surprising move, Valve has banned CounterStrike coaches from communicating with their teams during matches. Henceforth coaches will be required to give team guidance during games the same way professional hockey coaches do: by dressing in a suit, crossing their arms, and adopting a permanent scowl.
Graham hosted this episode solo for childcare-related reasons. Kathleen and Penelope joined him for the beginning of the aftershow.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Toy Headquarters Returns! Love is Real! ∙∙∙● ▶