There really was something in the Cube. It was in our hearts all along!
Date: June 3, 2013
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Boom!: Kate Stark
Editing: Kathleen De Vere
Music: Bradley Rains
What was inside the cube? Well, it wasn't candy like we'd hoped. This is Checkpoint.
- Major League Gaming has banned the FAL assault rifle in Call of Duty Black Ops 2 competitions. In the same way that pro athletes use specialized equipment, E-sports fps players frequently use modified controllers that let them depress the buttons faster and shoot more quickly. In the case of the FAL though, a player with one of those controllers can actually fire the gun manually faster than the fully automatic setting, and without the recoil drawback the game puts on a fully auto gun.
- Rajat Teneja, EA's CTO has released a hyperbole laden blog post about the state of next generation consoles and about how it "starts with the raw horsepower of the platform which catalyzes the imagination and will power the next wave of innovation in entertainment."
- Sony has confirmed that the PS4 will require games to be compatible with remote play on the Vita, assuming your game doesn't already need some crazy hardware peripherals.
- Just this month, 13 years after the game was released, a new side quest in Final Fantasy IX has been discovered by the western world.
- Germany's Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information is concerned about the Xbox One, specifically about the new Kinect and that whole it's always watching and listening even when the Xbox isn't running thing. The commissioner thinks it might be some sort of violation of German privacy laws.
- Bryan Henderson of Edinburgh, Scotland, clicked the last cublet to reveal his life-changing prize: he will become god. The god of Molyneux's next game - Godus.
Two years after Microsoft bought them, the Xbox One will use Skype voice technology - fucking finally.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Meet My Xbone OMG The Bubble Popped ∙∙∙● ▶