Blizzard of Cash
From the folks behind Desert Bus and Unskippable, join LoadingReadyRun as they report on the week’s industry happenings.
Date: August 8, 2011
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Editing: Jeremy Petter
A soul in search of answers that aren't free. Find out more on today's CheckPoint.
- The 3DS gets a large price cut, slashing prices by a third.
- SONY purchases Sucker Punch studios to the surprise of everyone since we thought they were already owned by Sony.
- Modern Warfare 3 will not include the teleporting "knife lunge."
- Blizzard announces Diablo 3 features including the controversial Real Money Auction House.
- Paul has more information on how much more money we will be paying Blizzard for this service.
- A Duke Nukem patch will let players carry more than two guns.
- Over 50% of Netflix streaming usage is on consoles, and over half of that traffic is on the Wii.
Capcom gets the rights to snoopy to make a social game.
- The end credits and Coming Up segments were done in 8 bit style "to save on bandwidth costs," a reference to the earlier story that most people watch Netflix through a game console do so via the Wii, a non-HD platform.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Socially Inept Season Passe ∙∙∙● ▶