XBox On Point
Underwhelmed by the Xbox One. Here's a few reasons why.
Date: June 17, 2013
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Boom!: Kate Stark
Editing: Kathleen De Vere
Music: Bradley Rains
All Microsoft had to do was give us a more powerful 360, and they couldn't manage it. This is Checkpoint.
- Dead Rising is coming back as an Xbox One exclusive. The latest edition in the Capcom franchise removes the annoying story line time limits and bathroom based save points in favor of more zombies - up to 3 times as many as there were before.
- Sony officially introduced the PS4 to the world last week and with it announced that in contrast to the Xbox One, there will be no hardware based DRM nor any DRM on their first party titles. They also announced that indie developers won't need a publisher to submit games to the console, part of a new indie-friendly approval system akin to iOS.
- Plants vs. Zombies is back - twice, as a sequel and as a cooperative team shooter. The shooter is called Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare and it uses the Frostbite 3 engine.
- The long awaited sequel, Mirrors Edge 2 was announced last week to much jubilance from fans of parkour and ethereal electro-tunes. The game is a reboot of Mirrors Edge.
- The upcoming Forza 5 for Xbox One will feature Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May.
- General consensus from the gaming community is that Sony won E3. Nintendo was present and Microsoft lost.
- On Point: How Microsoft Shat The Bed
- Misreading your market - your customers don't want a TV box.
- Always online - always connected is looking too far ahead.
- Communication - everyone in Redmond should sit down, agree on things, and then tell us those things.
Bayonetta 2 featuring: me! Look at me, I'm so cool! Looks like me, me me me me me me me.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ OMG The Bubble Popped XBox-One-Less-Thing ∙∙∙● ▶