Too Rude for School
Stories on: Destiny 2, Fork Parker's Crunch Out, Fusion University, and Nintendo
Date: May 14, 2018
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Nintendo has a clear and elegant plan for their 8-bit games. Just kidding.
- Last week people noticed a strange symbol in the Destiny 2 Warmind expansion. Turns out it was a map to different clues scattered around the game and the TL;DR is that it was an incredibly elaborate cypher that gave players some fun lore and set of real-life coordinates that lead to New York Sleeping Beauty Mountain where Redditor Ilovescience found a very cool replica of the Valkyrie Spear and a pile of gold coins for future visitors to share.
- Devolver Digital is releasing a new Super Nintendo game. Fork Parker's Punch Out makes you the boss of development studio that has just entered crunch. 100% of the profits are going to mental health organisation Take This.
- Fusion University got into some hot water last week after the Overwatch league decided their jerseys were inappropriate, because the team's initials are FU.
- Here's a round up of Nintendo Retro consoles news this week:
- Nintendo has confirmed that virtual console will not be coming to the Switch.
- The Switch online service will be free-to-play, not to download, NES games as part of the subscription.
- The NES Classic will be back in stores on June 29th.
- There is a golden Famicom Classic getting release on the 7th of July.
Paul WS Anderson, the dude behind the Resident Evil films, has been hired by Capcom to bring Monster Hunter to the big screen.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Time for ForkKnife Cadillacs and Dinosaurs ∙∙∙● ▶