From the folks behind Desert Bus and Unskippable, join LoadingReadyRun as they report on the week’s industry happenings.
Date: September 19, 2011
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Bird Acquisitor & Boomsman: Matt Wiggins
Music: Bradley Rains
Are playing too much Angry Birds? Prepare for the intervention on today's CheckPoint.
- Kinect-operated music game "Lifelike" renamed to "4AM."
- Goldeneye for the PS Move to include a rifle peripheral instead of the Walter PPK Bond uses.
- Unsurprisingly 25-34 year olds account for most "freemium" game content sales.
- Blizzard claims to be able to release six titles in the next three years, but no one is buying it.
- Bejeweled Blitz might be a strong cognitive training tool.
- Angry Birds has been downloaded 350 million times.
- Paul gives further perspective on how crazy big these numbers are.
The PS Vita comes out on December 17th 2011.
- As of November 2013 (roughly two years after their announcement) Blizzard has released three games (World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm), and formally announced 5 other projects (World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, and Heroes of the Storm (formally Blizzard All-Stars).).
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Project - Buy Our Shit Sony Knows It Has a Problem ∙∙∙● ▶