Surround Sound Coffin
This week, we learn about the latest new weight loss method and its horrible, horrible implications.
Date: January 16, 2013
Category: Feed Dump
Host: Graham Stark
Editing: Kathleen De Vere
- News Word of the Week: LOLOLOL
- A Swedish man has designed a coffin with built-in surround sound speakers connected to a playlist that can be updated by the living.
- Hasbro is asking players which of the classic Monopoly play pieces should be retired forever and replaced with the new one. Currently on the chopping block with the least number of votes: the wheelbarrow.
- Replacement pieces that capture the spirit of what real monopolies are like today
- It's super effective!
- There's a new amazing weight loss device that you can get in Europe. It's an outpatient procedure called the AspireAssist that you plug into your stomach and literally just suck food straight out of your stomach.
- As reported in 80s Van Gogh Cats, the cat eventually won the vote and was added to Monopoly in 2013.
- The wheelbarrow was retained in Monopoly sets. In contrast to Graham's claim, there is no representation of the wheelbarrow on any Chance or Community Chest card. The iron (which lost the contest and was removed from the game) was represented on a Chance card.
- The "artillery piece thing" that Cam mentioned (the cannon, or Howitzer) had already been retired and was not part of the poll.
- The "dismembered torso" as a terrible marketing decision is a reference to a controversial pre-order bonus for Dead Island Riptide.
◀ ●∙∙∙ Maximum Macca Bert's Spider Shack ∙∙∙● ▶