Stories on basketball & esports, Doom AI, Overwatch porn, Street Fighter underoos, and Riot's money.
Date: September 26, 2016
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Why even play games when you can just write a program to play them better than you?
- After a terrible season, the Philadelphia 76ers have bought two successful esports teams.
- Programmers are improving how computers process visual information by teaching them to play Doom.
- Overwatch porn has gone mainstream with "Oversnatch."
- A newly available Street Fighter 5 character comes with an easter-egg underwear outfit from an earlier game.
- Riot Games has introduced a new funding model for supporting professional League of Legends players.
In the new Destiny expansion Rise of Iron, rare engrams can now give you exotic gear, the rarest and best tier of weapons and armor. The Destiny engram scale has now been updated as follows: white, trash; green, trash; blue, almost certainly trash; purple, probably trash; and gold, still not a fucking Gjallarhorn.
- During the week before this episode, Rooster Teeth attempted to reboot its Sponsor Play series as "Checkpoint." Graham was able to resolve the issue without incident, and Rooster Teeth is now looking for a new name.
- Also during that week, Prince William and Duchess Kate visited Victoria.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Iron and Whine The Modern Albatross ∙∙∙● ▶