Spying on Stardew
Stories on Megaman on mobile, Hearthstone outreach, new laptops, and Steam Spy's 2016 report.
Date: January 9, 2017
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Do you know the real reason Stardew Valley was one of the top-selling Steam games of 2016?
- The first six Mega Man games now have terrible mobile ports.
- Hearthstone will be releasing more behind-the-scenes videos, if they can find enough designers willing to risk online harassment to do them.
- Acer and Razr have announced strange new laptop concepts, including one that's too big to really be a laptop.
- SteamSpy has released its analysis of Steam's 2016 sales and discovered that Stardew Valley is punching above its weight.
NVIDIA is bringing their video game streaming service to Mac and PC with an interesting pricing model. For $25 you can play for ten hours on a GTX 1080-equipped PC, or twenty hours on a lower GTX 1060 system. What if I only wanna play a game that's 640x480? Could I then play all year?
- In this episode, Kathleen introduces her Don't Be a Toxic Nincompoop Pledge for 2016. It goes like this:
- "I, [insert name here], acknowledge that playing against yet another busted Jade Golem deck makes me want to set myself, my home, and several hundred acres of unspoiled natural wilderness area near Blizzard's HQ on fire, because I will never feel joy again and I don't want anyone else to either. But this year, instead of creating a burner Reddit account and threatening to do just that, I'll just go outside and do five jumping jacks instead."
- This is the episode for which Kathleen coined the phrase "man-waifus" to describe the male romance options in Stardew Valley. She decided it was easier to parse quickly than "husbandos."
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ 2016 Roundup Discussion Switch it up! ∙∙∙● ▶