Qwerpline Ep38 - Lake Anesh
Date: November 3, 2019
Graphics: Graham Stark
Description: For the Season 2 finale, we sent Michael to a pub crawl, and it’s finally time to re-dedicate Lake Indianname!
Slogan: A monument to Fan's Molly.
- The underground Dutch new wave band from the 1980s?
Sponsor: McGonigle's Conical Monocle When you need greater correction in one eye that a standard eye glasses can deliver. McGonigle's Conical Monocle: the casing is cupro-nickel.
- The annual Nsburg Car/Boot sale is happening at politically unaffiliated Shaughnessy mudflats go-kart oval.
- There will be more than 100 used cars.
- And an entire pallet of Latvian military surplus boots.
- Nsburg PD are testing their new autonomous bomb disposal robot and they're currently training its AI to recognize threats.
- It's a shotgun strapped to a Roomba.
- Stay out of the downtown core if you are wearing leather bell-bottoms, burlap, or shoes with zippered pockets.
- A deal has been struck with Nsburg Make-Smith's Collective regarding the partially finished Thurpston memorial.
- They have set up a pennies for print apparatus where people can donate pennies and have the material 3D printed on to the legs.
It's the Arts
Michael O'Leary is filling in for Edith at Malt Whitman Sloppy Slam Series Poetry and Pub Crawl. He is not impressed by either the poetry or the beers, including:
- Charge of the Lager Brigade
- Still IPA Rise
- Hoppy Man Deus
- The Cream Ale of San Magee
- My Bark is like a Red Red Rose
- Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night
- Lewis Carroll's double baki
- Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood and I took the one Less Malted
- Lambic Lazarus
- The Porter and The Pendulum
Richter is going to help fund the station by minting Qwopmarks, his cryptocurrency. He has chained a Beowulf Cluster of Babbage Engines to the main rotor of the Qwopter, and is using a series of catalytic converters to capture the carbon and mint it into physical coins.
Live on Location
Derek and Aldersm'n Alex are at Lake Indianname for it's re-dedicate it as Lake Anesh. Beatrice Landstraad bursts in to inform everyone that they made a wrong turn and this isn't Lake Indianname, this is a disused lagoon that's connected to the East Sump Acres Culvert Grid. This sends Alex into a rage, tearing off the ceremonial leather cravat, pulling the plaque out of the ground, and jumping on it until it breaking into pieces, before falling into Lake Anesh.
After the Break
- Lifestyle and arts correspondent Edith will give a report on the Bed, Bath & Bodyworks.
- The candle she has, called Milfoils Embrace, smells like dank sponge.
- Is there anything else going on in the arts?
- Michael as Edith says no.
| I I |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Qwerpline Ep36 - Nsburg Stock Exchange
Watch Qwerpline Ep38 - Lake Anesh Listen to Qwerpline Ep38 - Lake Anesh
Read Qwerpline Ep38 - Lake Anesh Transcript