Qwerpline Ep36 - Nsburg Stock Exchange
Date: October 20, 2019
Graphics: Graham Stark
Description: The NSE is finally open in A Mall, Edith is feeling a little out of it, and there’s a man in a van on our frequency.
Slogan: The motor city!
- It's a bit of a ret-con after "The motorcity!" didn't mean anything and we hoped people would chalk it up to a keming error.
Sponsor: Joan Joan is the QWRP Station Manager and she won't let me leave until I record a sponsor. Joan - I want to go home!
It's time for the Thurpston County intramural middle school long jump competition. This year only two schools are able to field competitors, them being Heathston Secondaries Martin Long and siblings Jared and Michaela Long from Lesser Miami's Richard Thurpston High School.
The Thurpston County Two-horse Race will be happening next weekend at the Julesberg Motor Oval.
It's The Arts
Edith is uncharacteristically glum. In an attempt to cheer her up Graham and Alex go through some arts happening this week, including:
- A touring performance of Dutch clog dancing.
- The art gallery has a conceptual sculpture installation using piles of trash shaped to look like small animals, and taxidermied small animals made to look like trash.
- A performance piece happening where a man is gonna stand in the middle of Chumble Floodplain and scream.
Let's go to the Phones
DJ Whitebeard calls in to inform QWRP that someone else is broadcasting on their frequency.
Live on Location
Derek is at the opening of Nsburg Stock Exchange
- Michael O'Leary is gonna share his recipe for Tacos-El-Leary.
- What is in the skies? Richter and don't make eye contact.