Is your console destroying the country's power grid? Yes. The answer is yes.
Date: April 23, 2012
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Boom!: Kate Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Saving money on your electric bill might require turning off your console occasionally. Find out more on today's CheckPoint.
- Bethesda wins the game marketing award.
- Tony Hawk is personally responsible for pitching the HD remake of Pro Skater.
- Ocarina of Time beaten in under 23 minutes due to glitch.
- Zynga worth over 1.8 billion dollars.
- WiiPop capable of judging dance skill with array of attached wiimotes.
- Game consoles in the US use 16 terawatt-hours of energy each year, due in part to the surprising amount of power used by idle systems. Perhaps we should turn the XBox off every couple weeks.
The source code for the original Prince of Persia has been made freely available.
- The Ocarina of Time speedrun record is credited to "Cosmo, aka ZeldaFreakGlitcha". In fact, ZFG and Cosmo Wright are two different people, and the latter was responsible for the speedrun. A retraction was posted to the LRR twitter account.
◀ ●∙∙∙ There is No Bubble Are Fezzes Cool? ∙∙∙● ▶