Stories on CivilizationEDU, Minecraft Battle Mini, Dad Quest, Devil's Third, and Overwatch.
Date: June 27, 2016
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Can you make anything with the Minecraft name and expect it to sell? Spoiler: yes.
- Civilization EDU will allow students to recreate historical events.
- Minecraft Battle Minigame is free-to-play PVP combat. It would be great, if Minecraft had decent combat.
- In Dad Quest, being a dad is a state of mind, not a gender label, and your child is a projectile weapon.
- Terrible game Devil's Third is being shut down, but not before it goes on sale for 50% off.
- Overwatch has now beaten League of Legends as the most played game in Korea.
Mighty No. 9 lists every single one of their Kickstarter backers in the game's end credits, resulting in a nearly four-hour credit roll. That is a lot of people, but the list would be a little more impressive if people were willing to have their names associated with the game, instead of just "A Generous Backer."
- This is Graham's last solo episode before Kathleen's official return. It is also the last Checkpoint+ episode to use the original Checkpoint background and graphics.
- Graham's Gandhi comment in the Civilization EDU story is a reference to the notorious Gandhi glitch in the original Civilization, which became a running joke in later games.
- The Korean term for an Internet cafe or LAN center is "PC Bang," which translates to "PC room" in English.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ An Itchy Taste of Things to Come A Spectrum of Censorship ∙∙∙● ▶