OMG The Bubble Popped
When a Zynga employee is laid off in the woods, does anyone hear the sound of them going "hooray"?
Date: June 10, 2013
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Boom!: Kate Stark
Editing: Kathleen De Vere
Music: Bradley Rains
Hey guess what, guess what!? I got fired! Woohoo! This is Checkpoint.
- Precursor games has decided to cancel the Kickstarter for Shadow of the Eternals so they can take a deep breath, regroup, and relaunch their fundraiser in a couple of weeks. The first one only raised $128,000 of 1.35 million dollar goal.
- EA is dropping its unpopular online pass program. This means the whole "you can't play this used game online unless you pay $10" is dead.
- A Super Nintendo emulator for the Occulus Rift is being worked on. While it might seem counter-intuitive, it actually is. The virtual reality emulator is really just a 2-d SNES screen floating in a gray void.
- Doodle jump is coming to Kinect, with all the benefits of a control system that requires you to flail about wildly while playing.
- A big balance update was released for Halo 4 last week, and by balance update we mean everything is more powerful now. The guns are more powerful, they fire faster, the warthog's chain gun is getting a 35% power boost, everyone even runs faster now. The only thing nerfed seems to be a slight reduction to the auto-aim range.
- Getting laid off is the worst, unless you work for OMG Pop (which Zynga bought for 180 million dollars last March). The OMG Pop crew celebrated with a party that included the ritual sacrifce of Zynga branded hoodies.
Not going to E3 in London? Why not go to E2 in SoHo? It's just like E3, but with less E's.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Cube Vindication XBox On Point ∙∙∙● ▶