E3 2016 Press Conferences
Summaries of the E3 2016 Press Events for Electronic Arts, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Sony, and kinda Nintendo.
Date: June 14, 2016
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Did you miss the E3 press conferences? We'll summarize them for you. It gets weird.
- EA's offsite presentation included a buttload of sequels and sports games, plus Fe and a lot of Star Wars.
- Bethesda showed off Quake Champions, Fallout 4 DLC, the new Prey, and Dishonored 2.
- Ubisoft previewed Ghost Recon: Wild Lands, For Honor, The Division DLC, Watch_Dogs 2, and Steep.
- Microsoft announced two new Xboxes and cross-platform play for Gears of War 4. They also announced some games.
- Sony announced a lot of games, including God of War 4, Detroit Become Human, and Hideo Kojima's confusing new project.
- Nintendo showed off the new Zelda and talked a little about Pokemon.
CD Project Red has spun The Witcher's in-universe card game, Gwent, into its own standalone game, answering fans' many calls, prayers, and tweeted screams of "gimme my fix already".
- This special episode is so special that Kathleen came back for it.
- The filming of this episode was delayed a day so that the LRR crew could report on as many E3 press conferences as possible. During the normal Checkpoint time, Graham and Paul streamed and provided commentary on the Ubisoft press conference. You can watch that here.
- It should be noted that, in an interview after the press conference, a Nintendo producer gave a weirdly sexist explanation of why players of the new Zelda game will not be able to choose Link's gender.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Konami Hates Us An Itchy Taste of Things to Come ∙∙∙● ▶