Desert Bus for Hope 7
Desert Bus for Hope 7 (AKA DB007: A View to a Bill, DB007:Qwoptum of Silence, DB007:Octobussy, DB007:MoonBaseraker, etc) began at 10:00 AM PST, November 16th and ended at 10:54 PM PST November 22nd, 2013. Date: November 16, 2013 I
- 1 Drivers
- 2 Guests
- 3 Desert Bus 007 spoof titles
- 4 Milestones
- 5 Video links
- 6 Quotables
- 7 Notable Memes
- 8 Achievements
- 9 Craft-Along Participants
- 10 Sponsors
- 11 The Desert Bus for Hope 007 Team
- 12 Guests In The Moonbase!
- 13 Desert Bus For Hope iOS app
- 14 Flush Count (aka Dix's Log)
- 15 Desert Bus Picks the NFL Winners
- 16 Desert Bus de l'espoir
- 17 Links to various Desert Bus 7 related pages
All driving shifts are 12 hours long.
|Driver||Shift Start (PST)||Total Money Raised During Shift||Avg. Donations Per Minute||Points Earned||Bus Crashes||Bus Stops||Toilet Flushes||Driver Name|
|No Driver||Pre-Desert Bus||$4,044 raised beforehand|
|James||November 16 @ 10:00||$31,360.67 raised during shift||$43.56 per minute||1 point||0 crashes||0 Stops||71 Flushes||Bond|
|Cam||November 16 @ 22:00||$29,880.09 raised during shift||$41.50 per minute||1 point||0 crashes||0 Stops||48 Flushes||Bond|
|Jeremy||November 17 @ 10:00||$35,161.61 raised during shift||$48.84 per minute||2 points||0 crashes||0 Stops||85 Flushes||Bond|
|Johnny||November 17 @ 22:00||$20,111.45 raised during shift||$27.93 per minute||1 point||0 crashes||0 Stops||53 Flushes||Bond|
|Kathleen||November 18 @ 10:00||$31,609.13 raised during shift||$43.90 per minute||2 points||0 crashes||0 Stops||59 Flushes||Bond|
|Alex||November 18 @ 22:00||$24,038.39 raised during shift||$33.39 per minute||1 point||0 crashes||0 Stops||28 Flushes||Bond|
|Tally||November 19 @ 10:00||$47,110.68 raised during shift||$65.43 per minute||1 point||3 crashes||2 Stops||39 Flushes||Bond, M, Shame, Africa|
|Ian Horner||November 19 @ 22:00||$19,081.01 raised during shift||$26.50 per minute||1 point||0 crashes||3 Stops||22 Flushes||Africa|
|Graham||November 20 @ 10:00||$47,748.23 raised during shift||$66.32 per minute||1 point||1 crash||7 Stops||51 Flushes||Africa, Q|
|Ashton||November 20 @ 22:00||$35,298.97 raised during shift||$49.03 per minute||1 point||0 crashes||0 Stops||33 Flushes||Q|
|Bill||November 21 @ 10:00||$26,899.91 raised during shift||$37.36 per minute||1 point||1 crash||1 Stop||45 Flushes||Q, Oddjob|
|Matt||November 21 @ 22:00||$53,823.58 raised during shift||$74.75 per minute||1 point||2 crashes*||2 Stops||47 Flushes||Oddjob, Boris, LostLuck|
|Paul||November 22 @ 10:00||$108,112.58 raised during shift||$150.16 per minute||0 points||2 crashes||1 Stop||65 Flushes||LostLuck, End, Jocko|
|No Driver||Post-Desert Bus||$0|
|Totals (WHILE BUSSING)||155 Hours||$516,466.12 raised||$55.32 per minute||14 points (High: 9)||9 crashes||16 Stops||646 Flushes||Bond, M, Shame, Africa, Q, Oddjob, Boris, LostLuck, End, Jocko|
- The second crash of Matt's shift was caused by Alex unplugging Matt's controller during his moment of Hubris at reaching 400k [Hour 143] and surpassing his other drivers in donations earned.
New ones added as info becomes available.
- Scheduled Calls
|Guest||Best Known for||Call-in time (all times 24hr PST)||Website link||Video|
|Kris Straub||Webcartoonist, Writer, Podcaster, Creepypasta Chef||November 16 @ 14:00 (Saturday)||http://krisstraub.com/|||
|Matt Fraction||Eisner Award-Winning Comic Book Writer for Marvel Comics||November 16 @ 18:00 (Saturday)||http://mattfraction.com/|||
|Bill Corbett||Writer, Performer, Cult Icon||November 17 @ 18:00 (Sunday)||http://www.rifftrax.com|||
|Khaavren and Baxter||Fuzzy-Wuzzies, Dust Mops, Pro Cuddlers||November 18 @ ~12:00 (Monday)||http://www.loadingreadyrun.com|
|Bobak Ferdowsi||Systems Engineer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA Mohawk Guy)||November 18 @ 18:00 (Monday)||http://www.nasa.gov/connect/artspace/creative_works/feature-bobak-ferdowsi.html|||
|Mikey Neumann (auction)||Creative Software Champion at Gearbox Software, Voice Actor, Author||November 19 @ 18:00 (Tuesday)||http://diagnosismia.blogspot.jp/||, |
|Grant Imahara||Myth Busters||November 19 @ 21:05 (Tuesday)||http://grantimahara.com|||
|Mike Mearls and WotC people||lead developer for Dungeons & Dragons Next||November 19 @ 21:03 (Wednesday)||http://www.mearls.com/|||
|Phil Plait (auction)||Astronomer, Skeptic, Writer, and Popular Science Blogger||November 20 @ 11:00 (Wednesday)||http://www.slate.com/content/slate/blogs/bad_astronomy.html|||
|Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw||Writer, Video Game Journalist, Indy Game Developer, Entrepreneur||November, 20 @ 18:00 (Wednesday)||http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/|||
|Bob "MovieBob" Chapman||Film Critic, Gamer, Pop-culture Commentator, Independent Film Maker||November 20 @ 21:00 (Wednesday)||http://moviebob.blogspot.jp/|||
|Jim Sterling||Host of Jimquisition, Reviews Editor for Destructoid, Official Mysterio of Video Games||November 21 @ 11:00 (Thursday)||https://twitter.com/JimSterling|||
|Bonnie Burton||Actress, Writer, Comedian||November 21 @ 18:00 (Thursday)||http://www.grrl.com|||
|Aaron Forsythe||Magic: The Gathering Director of R&D||November 21 @ 22:30 (Thursday)|||
- Surprise Calls
|Guest||Best Known for||Call-in time (all times 24hr PST)||Website link||Video|
|Momocon||November 17 @ 13:06 (Sunday)||http://www.momocon.com/|||
|Louis Moga||DB7 App Co-Creator||November 17 @ 14:05 (Sunday)|||
|Angela Webber||Musician, Doubleclicks||November 17 @ 23:02 (Sunday)||http://www.thedoubleclicks.com/|||
|Mikey Neumann||Creative Software Champion at Gearbox Software, Voice Actor, Author||November 17 @ 23:36 (Sunday)||http://diagnosismia.blogspot.jp/|||
|Stephen "Stepto" Toulouse||Formerly of Xbox/Microsoft||November 18 @ 11:00 (Monday)||http://www.stepto.com/|||
|Teller||Magician, Silent Illusionist/Comedian and Co-creator of Desert Bus||November 19 @ 10:12 (Tuesday)||http://www.pennandteller.com/|||
|Penn Jillette||Illusionist/Comedian, and Co-creator of Desert Bus||November 19 @ 10:31 (Tuesday)||http://www.pennandteller.com/|||
|Paul and Storm||Musicians||November 19 @ 10:58 (Tuesday)||http://www.pennandteller.com/||, |
|Scott Kurtz||Web Comic Creator||November 19 @ 13:03 (Tuesday)||http://www.pvponline.com/||, |
|Jimmy "Big Giant Circles" Hinson||Musician||November 20 @ 09:00 (Wednesday)||http://www.biggiantcircles.com/|||
|Harrison Crix||Prop Maker||November 20 @ 11:04 (Wednesday)||http://volpinprops.blogspot.com/|||
|Eddie Gorodetsky||TV Writer and Producer, and Co-creator of Desert Bus||November 21 @ 13:00 (Thursday)|||
|Max Temkin||Designer, Co-Creator of Cards Against Humanity||November 22 @ 09:03 (Friday)||http://maxistentialism.com/ & http://cardsagainsthumanity.com/|||
|Guest||Best Known for||Visit time in the moonbase (all times 24hr PST)||Website link||Video|
|Allen Schauffler||Reporter for Al Jazeera America||November 19-20 (Tuesday-Wednesday)||http://twitter.com/allenschauffler & http://america.aljazeera.com/|
|Steve Dengler||Entrepreneur, Investor, Geek, and all around good guy||November 21 @ 12:00 (Thursday)||http://www.dracogen.com & http://www.xe.com|||
|Ken Steacy||Comic, Science Fiction Artist and Writer||November 21 @ 19:30||http://www.kenspublishing.com/||, |
Desert Bus 007 spoof titles
|As compiled by CantWearHats on LRR Forums to date:||As compiled by the DB offseason Chat:|
(Times given in PST)
- Year 1 total exceeded - 16/11/13 ~15:50
- Year 2 total exceeded - 17/11/13 ~11:55
- Year 3 total exceeded - 18/11/13 ~17:46
- Year 4 total exceeded - 18/11/13 ~14:30
- Year 5 total exceeded - 21/11/13 ~23:25
- Year 6 total exceeded - 22/11/13 ~15:35
- $1.5 million lifetime - 19/11/13 ~23:40
- $1.75 million lifetime - 22/11/13 ~18:10
- $500,000 reached - 22/11/13 ~19:35
- none yet
- Epic Sax Guy
- During the final ten minutes of James' shift on the first night, Engineering played a continuous loop of the popular internet video "Epic Sax Guy" in response to the crew's request that "smooth jazz" be played. The staff members who were present improvised a series of silly and occasionally unnerving dances to the song, most notably a continuous, gentle en masse head bobbing while gazing directly into the camera with a broad smile.
- "Derpline" was a popular segment from previous Desert Bus events that was reportedly near-constantly requested until Alex, the segment's host, performed the segment during his shift as a reward for breaking $170,000 by a certain time. The segment consists of Alex playing an apathetic morning radio DJ taking a series of bizarre calls to his show, to which he gives even more bizarre answers.
- Winston's Long Con
- When James handed off the thank-yous to Jer during the extra hour, the camera suddenly fell off the tripod. It was blamed on the web of Winston, the DB7 spider.
- "Anime is for dumbs." - Alex during a mock-debate with Taka over Xbox One vs. Playstation 4 while using vocal jamming technology. This challenge took place near the end of Jer's shift. The end result was that the two sounded alternately as though they were intoxicated or parodying internet hate wars, the latter of which Alex embraced. The phrase caught on in the chat, who posted meme images and applied "for dumbs" to other situations as well as simply repeating the original phrase.
See also the Desert Bus Lexicon
- The Button
The F15 key at one of the workstations in the Engineering corner was programmed so that, when pressed, it played a random 15-60 second clip of relatively danceable music, prompting whoever was onscreen at the time to burst into a brief and spontaneous dance party. "The Button", whose creation was credited to Tally, was a huge success - the crew's only disappointment was that it didn't trigger an appropriate change in lighting.
- "Woah chat. Such doge. Wow."
- In reference to the shibe inu "doge" meme, an overlay was made to add a shibe to the bottom corner and create floating text in randomly colored comic sans.
- "Silica Gel"
- Chat became enraptured with Silica Gel from the N7 giveaway during the end of Cam's shift
- Chat was eager to post animated GIFs recording notable sight gags, often turning GIFs around in real time barely seconds after the event they depicted occurred onscreen.
- A number of technical glitches which caused the stream to frequently crash early in the stream caused the chat to repeatedly type "PANIC".
- In order to calm things down, Lord Hosk invited chat to a picnic rather than panicking, and thereafter when tech issues caused distress the chat would type "PICNIC" and suggest dishes they were bringing.
This year, like prior years featured the return of achievements. Some of these were similar to the ones of the past, some were not.
- On The Road Again - Reach 1 Point
- Road Trip! - We reach 5 Points
- The Long Haul - We reach 10 points
- Don't Stop Me Now! - We crash the bus
- Earned by Tally, occurred while Molly was at the wheel.
- Vegeta Extreme - $9001 donated by a single donor
- Excellent Posture - Someone balances something on their head
- Fancy Hat' - Someone puts pants on their head
- Two Heads Are Better Than One - Two People Sing a Duet
- Walrus Tickle Dance Bance - A marathon dance session of Carmelldansen
- Saturday Morning - A Sing along of an old cartoon theme song
- Clubbing a Dead Horse - Someone gets Clubbed
- Graham, by Bill's Stepdad
- Kid Gloves - Someone drives Desert Bus with socks on their hands.
- Houston, We Have a Problem - The feed goes down
- Went down during the 12th hour, midway through Cam's Shift.
- Ring-ding-dingeringeding! - A request is made (and fulfilled) for What the Fox Say?
- Sung when they reached 100,000. Can be viewed at: 
- Prize Pig - A Pig is Sweetened.
- Diaebtic Pig - 10 Pigs are sweetened
- Glazed Ham - 20 Pigs are sweetened
- Crash the Gates - An auction's opening bid is $1000 or greater
- Radio Silence - No posts in the chat for 30 seconds. (Why do we keep including this achievement?)
- Trend-Setter - Desert Bus trends anywhere in the Top 10 on Twitter (we'll even take just in Canada)
- C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER - A Radio Silence attempt is spoiled in the last 5 seconds before success
- Right in the FACE(book) - A Desert Bus Facebook post receives more than 1000 likes.
- Insecticide - First bug splat of Desert Bus 7!
- Earned by James in his run.
- Choral Reef - More than 10 people singing on camera simultaneously.
- Dog Catcher - Someone in the chat notices Spot the Dog
- Ghost Ride the Whip - A driver dances beside the chair, while driving.
- Can You Step - Two bidders trash-talk during an auction.
- Hammertime - Someone gets IRL banhammered by one of the chat mods
- We <3 Handmade - Awarded when a Craft-Along item auctions for over $2,000
- Accident Free - A driver completes a shift without crashing.
- Completed by James in his first shift.
- Feed Dump - 10 people on camera are wearing hats at the same time.
- Might of the Masses - When a donation drive raises over $2,000.
- Who's Cutting Onions? - Someone at the Moonbase is moved to tears by "all dem feelings"
- Winter Wonderland - It snows during Desert Bus
- "Snow" appearing on the feed from the interactions of DBCommand
- QWOPing Balls - Someone finds something FAR too funny
- Well Dong - A driver plays another video game while also playing Desert Bus simultaneously
- Gender Fender Bender - Someone cross-dresses on camera
- And Then We Were the Demons - Fan fiction is read on air
- Completed by Cam during the late night hours of his shift.
- Record-Breaker - We hit a lifetime Desert Bus total of $1.5 million.
- It's Named Nick - Something previously unnamed is given a nickname by the chatroom
- Somebody Has to Change - Two Desert Bus crew members unintentionally wear the same item of clothing.
- Who's That?! - The crew manages to get an outsider on camera (like a delivery guy or something)
- Chilling Out - Two or fewer people in the room
- Emergent Gameplay - A driver claims to have found a way to "make the game better"
- Shut it Down - Someone's mobile phone goes off on camera
- Fake PHD - The first "Dear Dr" question is asked.
- It's So Cute! - The first non-human entity appears on camera
- We're Helping! - When the chat solves a problem nobody at the Moonbase can fix
- Hot Swap - A piece of equipment needs to be replaced, mid-run.
- Earned by Graham at the end of the feed loss that happened during the Card Kingdom Sponsored this Hour Hour but the Stream Crashed so they have another Hour Hour. Due to difficulties with the Internet connection, the video feeds were routed through his cellphone. Graham used up about 2GB of bandwidth during the short time he hosted the stream. (His mobile phone service provided unlimited bandwidth... the fools!)
- Don't Stop Me Now! - We crash the bus
- Bid for Power - Auction an item for more than $5000
- Kickin' it up a Notch - We hit our first 5-digit donation
- Earned by Paul during the Silica Gel auction where Notch donated $10000 at Hour 152.
All locked achievements were completed, a first for DBFH.
All Secret Achievements were completed.
- Accents by Gwynn
- Alanna Robertson (Etsy)
- Alatheia (Ravelry)
- Alexander Rodgers (Deviant Art)
- Amanda E. M. Haynes
- Ann Foraker (Deviant Art)
- AnnaTheRed (Website, Photo gallery)
- Ariel Leather (Etsy, Tumblr)
- Ash Vickers
- Beamie's Buddies (Tumblr, Deviant Art, Etsy, Facebook)
- Becka Reed (Etsy)
- Blaine aka Brainstew (Etsy)
- Bonnie Beyea
- Brent Stewart (Tumblr, Etsy)
- C.M. Galdre (Website, Duelist website)
- Carly Englander (Etsy)
- Chemistring (Flickr, Ravelry)
- Cheryl A. Kraus (Etsy, Deviant Art)
- Chrissey Harrison (Blog, Website)
- Christopher David Bischoff-Fincher
- Dana Staab (Deviant Art)
- David Woehr (Etsy, Tumblr)
- DigitalSeahorse (Deviant Art, Website, Blog)
- Emily (TsukiakariUsagi) (Website, Etsy, Facebook)
- Eric Johnson (Website, Tumblr)
- Erik and Vicki
- Erin Nix (Etsy, Gniffers Gnomes)
- Featherweight (Website, Facebook)
- FireFlower18 (Website)
- Firefury Amahira
- Gavin Card
- Gordon McMillan (Website, Blog)
- Heather Dery (Deviant Art, Etsy, Craft blog)
- Helen Cowart (Website, Etsy, Facebook)
- Holly Elvins (Deviant Art, Blog, Tumblr, Facebook)
- Icefall (Tumblr)
- Inkwell Looter (Website)
- J Barr
- Jamas Enright (Website)
- Jayne Wilson
- Jen Bagdasian (Tumblr, Website)
- Jennifer Lewis (Website, Etsy, Portfolios)
- Jessica Schwab (Etsy, Tumblr)
- Jexebele (Deviant Art)
- Julisana (Etsy, Deviant Art)
- Kate Szkotnicki
- Kate Thompson (Etsy)
- Katherine Bagdasian
- Katie and Tim (Deviant Art, Tumblr)
- Katrina Keller (Tumblr)
- Kimberly Swanner (Website)
- Kristin Lewallen (Blog, Ravelry)
- Kysen Henderson
- LadyRhian (Deviant Art, Blog)
- Lareina Chan (Deviant Art)
- Lynne Connolly (Ravelry)
- Maggie Bevis
- Mannie Ross (Website, Ravelry)
- Marcus Thomas
- Marisha (Etsy)
- Mary Hutson (Deviant Art, Facebook (hats), Facebook (baby accessories))
- Matty (Blog, Portfolio, Tumblr)
- Mia Steinberg (Radio show, Blog)
- Miach (Website, Etsy)
- Michelle Willson (Etsy)
- MmRed (Cosplay blog, Gaming blog, Deviant Art)
- Monique Meek
- Nick A aka Tractor
- Nicole Gustafsson (Blog, Website, Etsy)
- Orin Drake (Website, Etsy, Tumblr, Deviant Art)
- Paul Roberts
- Penny Lane (Blog)
- Rebornflames (Deviant Art)
- Roxanne Wayne (Blog)
- Ryan McCann (Website)
- Samantha Panikian
- Sara McSorley (Website, Deviant Art, Etsy)
- Sarah Mendiola (Website, Tumblr - knitting, Tumblr - drawing, Etsy)
- Sarah Overall (Etsy, Tumblr)
- Schala-Kitty (Etsy, Website, Tumblr)
- Scott, Just Scott
- Sean Robert
- Shaun nakasone (Website, Facebook, Tumblr, Deviant Art)
- Sieg Reyu (Blog)
- Stef from CustomDiceBags.com (Etsy, Facebook)
- Stephanie Martin (Etsy)
- Steve Hedger
- Steven Lauterwasser (Tumblr, Website)
- Tally Heilke (Craft blog, Etsy)
- Tania Richter (Website, Facebook, Etsy, Deviant Art)
- Tara Heilke
- Thoughtfully Unique - Xylophobian (Etsy)
- Tim K
- Tina Hollands
- Toenolla (Website, Etsy)
- Vaso Assimakopoulos
- Victoria Kassner (Website, Deviant Art)
- Wayne Balion (Website, Facebook)
- Wizards of The Coast
- The Escapist
- Penny Arcade
- Card Kingdom
- The Rover Outpost
- Ken Steacy Publishing
- Privateer Press
- Microsoft Studios
- Hidden Path Entertainment
- Paizo Publishing
- Fire Hose Games
- The Behemoth
- Geek Chic
- 343 Industries
- Cakes Cove
- Sauropod Studio
- InXile Entertainment
- Nerdist Industries
- Fernwood Coffee Company
- My Gimpy Life
- Lone Shark Games
- Ocean Island
- The Doubleclicks
- Miracle of Sound
- Patrick Rothfuss
- Gavin Duggan
- Anne & Wil Wheaton
- Omi Inouye
- Mackenzie Schubert
- Amy Falcone
- Lexxy Douglass
- Monica Ray
- Nick Trujillo
- Alex Hobbs
- Mikey Neumann
- Tavis Maiden
- Ty Halley
- Katie Rice
- Lord Hosk
- Clever Machine Studios
- Joe Vollan
- @combatadvantage & @slapjellyfish
- Bonnie Burton
- Planar Snap
- Phil Plait a.k.a. The Bad Astronomer
- Len Peralta
- Matthew Murray
- Jon Valentine
- Tom Tranter
- Logan Bonner
- Molly Lewis
- and the Laser Firing Space Dinosaur Crew
Official Desert Bus Artist
The Desert Bus for Hope 007 Team
- Alex Steacy - Driver, Overlay Engineer
- Ash Vickers - Event Manager
- Ashley Allman - Shipping Coordinator
- Ashton Cummings - Driver, IT Coordinator
- Brendan "Beej" Dery - Event Manager
- Graham Stark - Driver, Graphic Designer
- James Turner - Driver, Project Manager, Call-In Coordinator
- Jeremy Petter - Driver, Director of Secret Projects
- Johnny Blakeborough - Driver, Broadcast Coordinator
- Kara McLachlan - Communications Coordinator
- Kathleen De Vere - Driver, Volunteer Coordinator
- Liz Smith - Call-In Coordinator, Event Manager
- Paul Saunders - Driver, Website Technician
- Tally Heilke - Driver, Prize & Sponsorship Coordinator
- Felix Kramer
- Mia Sternberg
- Alanna Bullock
- Shandi Shiach
- Matthew Murray
- Sol Kauffman
- Mike Whitaker
- Kate Stark
- Andrew Ferguson - Photographer
- Bill Watt - Driver
- Cameron Lauder - Driver
- Chris "Fugiman" Gamble - Remote Sysadmin
- Dan Ross - Remote Sysadmin
- Eric Schewe - Remote Sysadmin
- Ian "Dix" Dixon - Onsite Chat Moderator
- Kate Stark - Nomordinator
- Kelly Clarke - Pre-Blogger & Media Aggregator
- Matt Wiggins - Driver
Guests In The Moonbase!
- Because of a performance which Dale was scheduled for at the end of the week he was uncertain he'd be able to come. He managed to make it in for a little bit during hour 27.
- The spider that built a massive web behind the main room camera.
Desert Bus For Hope iOS app
Envisioned by Jer, who would go about to conscript the help of Louis Moga and Ashton Cummings in producing it, the Desert Bus For Hope iOS is an app created for DBFH7. This app had many of the functions of the main site available on it, like the stats/graph, feed, schedule, prizes, and drivers. Indeed the only thing missing is the ability to donate (with such abilities prevented in the app store), which they circumvented by sending you to donate through Safari. While there had been initial plans to make this also available on Android for DB007, this was deemed unfeasible in the time available.
Flush Count (aka Dix's Log)
With the setup for Desert Bus for Hope 7, the piping in the moon base was set close to the microphone for the driver camera. This resulted in the flushing of the toilet in the Moonbase being quite audibly heard within the stream, and commented on - which the Chat quite obviously latched onto early.
While initially it had been set up so that those in the moon base would be keeping track of this, this soon ran awry as the counter they had only went up to 6. Following this, a shared online spreadsheet would be made, and elaborated on to a excessive degree. Some of the more unique peculiarities of this would end up being:
- Total Flushes
- Average Flushes per hour
- Value per flush
- Flushes per hour per person
- Gallons Flushed
This would all accumulate to the "KING OF THE PORCELAIN THRONE", a title awarded to the driver during which the most flushes occurred. For DBFH7, this was Jer with 85 Flushes.
Additionally, other stats would be recorded on this as well, such as:
- Things Knocked Over
- Chat Crashes
- Dance Party Button presses
- Math Fails
- Feed Crashes
Which were not necessarily as tracked as well as the flushes during the course of the event.
Desert Bus Picks the NFL Winners
As in previous years, Desert Bus for Hope began on a weekend during the U.S. Football (NFL) season and this year, it was Cam's turn to predict which team would win and why. These decisions were made knowing nothing about the teams playing other than their team names. A U.K. viewer named Jamie then bet £1.00 GBP (about $1.67 USD) on each game and said that he would donate all of his winnings. As of Monday evening, LRR's final record was 9 wins, 5 losses, and 0 ties, raising $29.24 (rounded up) for Child's Play. 
Desert Bus de l'espoir
Learned about shortly on the beginning of the Fifth day of DBFH, Desert Bus de l'espoir is a France based marathon (a "marathon solidaire du 22 au 24 novembre 2013") of Desert Bus for the charity Secours populaire francais , an organization devoted to combating poverty and social inequity in France and around the world. Almost immediately, dialogue occurred on Twitter, with Desert Bus de l'espoir recognizing DBFH as a "Big Brother". DBFH quite gladly encouraged its members to join them and donate to them once DBFH ended, seeing it as an additional good cause.
The Desert Bus de l'espoir has a rather different format, with two hosts and a rotating special guest who switches out on the hour and drives the bus. The marathon is to go on for 60 hours, shorter than even the first DBFH in scope. These special guests include indie developers and writers
Shortly afterwords, a challenged was issued to "Draw a picture of French Desert Bus (as represented by Ian) meeting with Canadian Desert Bus (represented by Kathleen)" during the midst of the Zeta Shift. The winning image presented an incredibly stereotyped French Ian (wearing a black and white striped shirt, a red scarf, and a Beret) and an incredibly stereotyped Canadian Kathleen (wearing a pink toque).
- DBFH7 NFL Picks - Week 11 Sheet - Maintained separately from Flush Sheet
- GIF collections: All (collected automatically), Created by chat user simon, Created by chat user CantWearHats, Created by chat user briedoof
|Desert Bus for Hope|
|Year-by-Year: 1 (2007) – 2 (2008) – 3 (2009) – 4 (2010) – 5 (2011) – 6 (2012) – 7 (2013) – 8 (2014) – 9 (2015) – 10 (2016) – (11) 2017|
|Desert Bus Lexicon|