CommodoreHUSTLE 02 - Red
Whether it's a ring or pants, everyone's seeing red.
Date: November 3, 2008
Editing: Graham Stark
Matt attempts to 'play' more Eternal Sonata however his 10th XBox 360 red rings due to the damage it suffered from a fall at his parents house where he was doing his laundry. Matt interrupts Paul doing some science to to get him to come over and fix it. A disappointed Paul takes a look at it and comes up with a idea while Matt decides to take it up with Microsoft to get a replacement. Surprisingly Microsoft agrees to replace Matt's XBox and will be sending the shipping box due to XBox's failing after tolerating 50 hours of Eternal Sonata.
Graham stops over at James' house before work to help him with his broken iPhone. James comes up with an elaborate story in which he is knocked into a lake by ninjas while fishing with Bill, though it is quickly shot down by Graham since he works for the wireless company although he is giving his notice that day. As Graham leaves, James notices that he is the ridiculous outfit that Graham is wearing to work. Graham returns just as James ends his unsuccessful attempt at getting a replacement iPhone. Graham says he can’t help due to giving his notice but stumbles a bit on his words (See CommodoreHUSTLE 03 - Critical) and claims he needs to be somewhere when Paul calls the two to invite them over to Bill and Morgan’s.
Jeremy is dealing with the fallout from Morgan's missing person postering campaign, receiving phone calls from people to make sure he's not missing. Paul arrives to borrow some things for his mystery project and askes Jeremy if he'd like to help but Jer claims that he needs to work on a paper.
Morgan wakes Bill excited over a new DotA map. They quickly get to playing and Morgan becomes oblivious to anything but the game. Paul comes over to borrow Morgan's NES but noticing that he is unresponsive begins to take other things. He invites James and Matt over and the three begin clearing out Morgan's room of all his belongings, leaving him with just his computer.
Graham meets up with Paul, James and Matt as they are carrying Morgan's mattress down the street. Graham is wearing a cowboy hat now for some reason although he quickly deflects any comments about it. James challenges Matt to a Reinhart skip race during which Matt drops and breaks his iPhone.
Morgan and Bill lose their DotA match to an unknown opponent who turns out to be Jeremy seeking revenge for the postering campaign.
- Graham put out a request for a Red-Ringed Xbox a couple months before the video went up.
- The missing person poster for Jer on his table was posted as a preview picture on September 27th.
- The music playing in the background when Morgan and Bill try to set up DOTA is the same from Fun With Microwaves.
- Matt's ringtone is the Codec ring from the Metal Gear Solid series.
- When James falls into the lake, the defeated ninja on the ground appears to be a dummy.
- "Pirates 2" refers to the recently-released sequel to the 2005 pornographic film "Pirates," allegedly the most expensive pornographic movie ever made.
- So far, this is the only commodoreHUSTLE in which Kathleen does not appear.
- Spot the Dog appears on top of Bill and Morgan's TV.
- Graham works for the fictitious Neighborhood Wireless, which is a reference to Customer Servicing.
- Several forum-goers didn't get the joke involving Graham's apple at first; this led to Matt getting angry/frustrated, and explaining the joke in detail, to remove any ambiguity.