CheckPoint 321 - Hit Me One More Time
Stories on: Valve, Overwatch, PUBG, Graphics Cards, and Hitman 2
Date: August 20, 2018
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Curious about what you'll get with the new Hitman Legacy Pack? So are we.
- Gamasutra reports that a developer whose game being held in limbo by Valve was told that it could be months before they are in a position to render a verdict. A representative said "We are right in the middle of building some new features into Steam for customers to able to choose the type of products they see in the store. Your game has some content in it that needs these features to be completed and shipped first."
- The 2018 Overwatch World Cup started last week and has not been a good year for technical issues. So far there have been the usual array of sound issues and technical glitches, but during a match between South Korea and Finland the game crashed.
- PUBG has introduced a new event mode called "Early Access Memories". Which is a throwback to ... less than a year ago. The changes include: the weather is always sunny, or you can find a Tommy Gun or Kar98k in Care Packages. The current weapon stats and vaulting mechanics are still in.
- Cryptocurrency miners are no longer buying every GPU they can get their hands on. This is due to 2 big factors:
- Bitcoin miners are now using custom ASIC chips to do the heavy solving, which means if a miner is using a GPU they are probably mining a less notable and valuable cryptocurrency like Ether or Litecoin.
- All cryptocurrencies are in a market slump. A Bitcoin is (at the time of filming) worth about CAD 8,500, which is a lot less than the CAD 250,000 they were at their peak in December.
- The upcoming Hitman 2 will include remastered version of levels from the previous game as part of the Hitman Legacy Pack, which will be free for owners of Hitman Season 1. To be clear: the game you want is "Hitman Season 1:, the 6th game in the franchise, which was released in 6 episodes throughout 2016. The "Hitman: The Complete First Season" and "Hitman: The Definitive Edition" both include everything you need.
25 years after being cancelled at the last minute, Sega Genesis game Hardcore, originally developed by DICE, is actually coming out for PS4. And the biggest surprise is the DICE has been around for 25 years
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ CheckPoint 320 - Just Buy A Real Typewriter CheckPoint 322 - All The Fortnite ∙∙∙● ▶