A Spectrum of Censorship
Stories on Final Fantasy Monopoly, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, the Gal•Gun special edition, Twitch's "Social Eating", and China's oversight of mobile apps.
Date: July 4, 2016
Story Graphics: Paul Saunders
CheckPoint Graphics: Graham Stark
Music: Bradley Rains
Nintendo has made big changes in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, in order to make some things smaller.
- Final Fantasy 7 Monopoly is now a thing.
- The North American release of Tokyo Mirage Sessions has been edited to make the boobs smaller and the characters older.
- The special edition of GalGun Double Peace comes with a pair of panties.
- Twitch has placed restrictions on its new Social Eating category to keep white people from ruining it.
- The Chinese government is taking a more active role in approving mobile games.
Scorn is an upcoming first-person horror game that is, shall we say, not vegan-friendly. In fact, the world and all the characters are pretty much composed of glistening, pulsing raw meat, so if that's what you're looking for in a game, I guess you will finally have an alternative to the meat circus level of Psychonauts.
- This episode was recorded on U.S. Independence Day. Checkpoint celebrated with free animations of fireworks.
- This is also the first episode in which Kathleen appears post-maternity-leave, and the first to feature the new Checkpoint graphics.
| II |
◀ ●∙∙∙ Oversaturated Leg Cramps, I Choose You ∙∙∙● ▶